Belgian Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
Traditional Buttermilk Waffle Recipe with Butter and Maple Syrup Topping
Everybody loves waffle and there are many ways we can do to make it more delicious. You can add extra sugar to satisfy your inner sweet tooth, or you can ditch the sugar altogether when you want to eat the waffle with savory dishes. And when it comes to the topping, the possibility is limitless. You can add some glazed bananas for extra sweetness or berry sauces with cinnamon and fruit slices on top. All of them sound amazing but there is nothing that can beat the deliciousness of the classic butter and maple syrup topping.
The best thing about butter and maple syrup is you don’t have to spend extra time to prepare the topping. The sweetness from the maple syrup and the slightly savory taste from the butter are heavenly. And if you want to cook the perfect waffle to match the incredible topping, you should add buttermilk to the batter. Buttermilk will make the waffle fluffier and the slightly tangy taste will give a different vibe to your waffle. Buttermilk waffle and maple syrup is the perfect couple that will make you enjoy your breakfast to the fullest. So, to help you prepare the most delicious and simple breakfast for your family, here is the best waffle recipe buttermilk that you can easily cook at home.
Total Preparation and Cooking Time: 25 minutes.
Number of Servings: 6 pieces of waffles.
Since we go classic in this recipe, there is nothing new or out of the ordinary in the ingredients. We just replace the milk with buttermilk to make the waffle fluffier and have delicious slightly tart taste. If you don’t want the texture of your waffle to be too light but you still want to have the unique taste of the buttermilk, you can use half milk and half buttermilk instead of replacing all the milk with buttermilk. Now, let us prepare the ingredients to make this waffle.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour. You can substitute the all-purpose flour with almond flour if you want more flavor for your waffle, or whole-wheat flour if you want something healthier.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk. You can use low-fat buttermilk if you are trying to lose weight.
- ½ cup butter.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda.
Now we have come to the fun part. It is time you bring all the ingredients to the table and get ready to make the waffle. To make everything easier, make sure you prepare all the cooking utensils as well. You will need two large bowls, one small microwave bowl, whisker and sifter and of course the waffle iron. If you and all the ingredients and utensils are ready, let’s start preparing your breakfast.
- First of all, we will need to sift all the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, white sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda). It is necessary to make the batter lighter and prevent floury lumps in the waffle. Carefully sift and mix the dry ingredients into a large bowl and then put it aside.
- Prepare another large bowl, this time for the wet ingredients. Pour the whole eggs, vanilla extract and buttermilk to the bowl and mix thoroughly. You have to make sure that the eggs are properly beaten. After everything is mixed well, set the bowl aside.
- Now, you have to melt the butter. Put the butter in the microwave bowl and melt it. Don’t melt all of them. Spare a little to be put on the top of the waffle.
- Now, pour the vanilla extract, eggs and buttermilk mixture in the dry ingredients bowl. Use the whisk to mix all the ingredients together.
- After everything has been mixed properly, pour the melted butter and stir it slowly into the waffle batter.
- Now that the waffle batter is prepared, we are ready to cook it on the waffle iron. Heat the waffle iron first and apply cooking spray or brush it with melted butter so the waffle will not stick to the iron.
- Pour the batter into the iron and wait until the waffle’s color turn into beautiful golden hue with slightly crispy skin. Stick the waffle with a toothpick to find out whether the inside has been cooked perfectly or not.
- Waffle is always better if served hot. pancakpaPour the maple syrup and let it cover your waffle. Let the warmth of the waffle melt the butter on top and the waffle is ready to serve.
It is easy, right? Buttermilk definitely gives something special to your waffle. Buttermilk, just like yogurt, is acidic and it contains good bacteria. So, it is good for your health, especially when you are dieting. Overall, this waffle only has less than 400 calorie and you can still cut it down if you use low-fat buttermilk and whole-wheat flour. Making waffle with buttermilk is easier. It doesn’t go brown too fast so you will not take the waffle out of the iron too fast just because the skin is already turning brown. Making waffle from scratch is not an option for busy person. If your morning is always hectic and you can’t always make a batter from scratch, you can make huge batch of batter when you have the time. The batter will be in good condition for seven days if you put it in the fridge. So, you only need to make the batter in one day and you are good for the whole week.
So, are you ready to spice up your breakfast with a delicious classic waffle? You don’t have to spend a lot of time creating the sauce from scratch. As long as you have a maple syrup with you, everything is set. Make sure you eat it while it’s hot so you can enjoy the combination of the buttermilk and maple syrup at its best.
You might also like
For those who love having healthy and energy boosting breakfast, waffle recipe with fruits must be very interesting for you. The waffles will be yummy menu to start your day, whilst the
Blueberry waffle is one of the all time favorite breakfast menu. It’s delicate and the right size of food to start your day in the morning. The next reason why
Waffle Recipes from Scratch with Berry Sauce on Top Waffle is the best breakfast menu the human race ever created. It is simple, and most importantly delicious. It is definitely