Waffle Recipes from The Scratch
Waffle Recipes from Scratch with Berry Sauce on Top
Waffle is the best breakfast menu the human race ever created. It is simple, and most importantly delicious. It is definitely not the healthiest food on earth, especially when you use instant waffle mixes. It is difficult to know how much sugar in it because the package doesn’t always tell us everything. Moreover, sometimes the waffle mixes will taste too sweet or maybe too bland for your liking. And you definitely don’t want this to happen when you are expecting a mouth-watering waffle for breakfast. If you want to make your waffle healthier and more delicious, then you should make your waffle batter from scratch.
Maybe it seems like a hassle to prepare the batter from scratch, especially early in the morning when you are rushing to go to work. But making waffle is actually very easy and quick. It will only take approximately 30 minutes to do the preparation and cook the waffle. The waffle will be much healthier since you will have full control over the ingredients. So, are you ready to rock your breakfast time and prepare the most delicious waffle on earth? Here is one of the best waffle recipes from scratch that you can easily make for your family. To step the game up, let’s make fresh berry sauce as the topping that will make the waffle even more perfect.
Total Preparation and Cooking Time: 30 minutes.
Number of Servings: 10-12, depends on the size of your waffle iron.
Let’s head to the store first and make sure you grab these following ingredients.
- The Waffle
- 2 cups all-purpose flour. You can replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour if you want a healthier waffle.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 additional egg whites. We add this to make the waffle texture softer. But if you don’t want your waffle to be more delicate on your mouth, you can skip this ingredient.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ stick butter. If you use salted butter, you don’t have to add any more salt.
- Berry Sauce
The berry sauce is actually optional. But it is definitely more fun than the old-school warm syrup. So make sure you make it as well to add some freshness to your waffle. Here are the ingredients for the berry sauce.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry jam
- 5 medium size strawberries.
Now, we are ready to make the waffle batter. Don’t forget to prepare your knife, mixer, some pans and of course your waffle iron. Get your game face on and let’s make some breakfast.
- Berry Sauce
We have to make the berry sauce first because we have to eat the waffle fresh from the iron. That is when the waffle tastes the best. This is how you make it.
- Prepare and heat the sauce pan. Then you pour the maple syrup and the strawberry jam on it. Don’t forget to stir it occasionally.
- While waiting for the maple syrup and strawberry jam to boil, cut the strawberries into small pieces.
- Put the strawberries to the pan and mix all the ingredients well.
- You have to remember that the strawberries will be a little bit withered when you mix them with the syrup and jam. If you prefer to keep the strawberries fresh, you don’t have to put the strawberries into the sauce mixture. Just cut them and use them as additional topping. It won’t make much of a difference.
- After the sauce has been mixed properly, turn off the stove but let the sauce stay on the pan to keep it warm. Set it aside and now let’s move to make the waffle.
- The Waffle
Making the waffle batter is fairly easy. But it is not instant waffle mix so you will need some effort. The texture of the waffle will depend on how you beat the eggs and how much egg white you add to the batter. This recipe will give you nice and soft texture in the inside and slightly crispy golden brown skin in the outside. This is definitely delicious but you can always add or reduce some ingredients to suit your own taste. Now, let’s mix the ingredients and get the party started.
- Prepare a bowl and put the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Sift all the dry ingredients to prevent lumps on the batter and to make mixing the ingredients easier.
- Prepare another bowl and mix the 2 whole eggs, milk and vanilla extract together. Make sure the eggs are beaten and mixed well with other ingredients.
- Now, prepare the butter and melt it in the microwave.
- While waiting for the butter to melt, beat the egg white in a different bowl until the egg transform into something resembles soft foam.
- Now, pour the whole eggs, milk and vanilla mixture into the dry ingredients bowl. Whisk properly until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour the melted butter and mix it to the batter.
- If you want your waffle to be softer, it is time to deal with the white eggs. But if you don’t, you can start cooking the waffle. Put the beaten white eggs spoon by spoon to the batter. Fold and cover the beaten white eggs with the batter carefully. Repeat the process until everything is mixed well. Remember, fold and cover. Don’t stir the batter too hard since it will ruin the texture of the waffle.
- Heat the waffle iron and spray it with cooking spray or simply brush it with melted butter to prevent the waffle from sticking to the iron.
- Pour the batter into the iron and wait until the waffle turns into beautiful golden brown color.
- After the waffle is cooked, put it onto the plate. Put some extra butter on the waffle and let it melt beautifully. Pour the berry sauce on top and the waffle is ready to serve.
You might also like
American waffle recipe is mostly known about the crisp and crunch on the outside but sweet and soft on the inside. And based on several traditional recipes for waffle with these
Waffle is basically among the breakfast menus which are simple to serve. But surely there are many of you who want to enjoy it with the quickest preparations, some because
Some people won’t miss breakfast time with their lovely person or do it by their self. They think it is very important thing to do before they runing their activity. And,