Yoghurt Health Benefits and Food Recipes with Yoghurt
Having a healthy breakfast can improve your life quality. Many people love to have waffles as their breakfast. This particular breakfast may not be as healthy as oatmeal or apples. However, you can transform waffles into healthier breakfast by making it with the right recipe and add healthy toppings on it. One of the popular healthy waffles is yoghurt waffle. If you never have it before, you must try Yoghurt Waffle Recipe.
Why you must try Yoghurt Waffle Recipe?
Yoghurt waffle is different from the classic waffles. In making yoghurt waffle, you use yoghurt instead of milk to make the batter. When you eat it, you will taste delicious waffle with crisp on the outside and soft texture in the inside. This yummy waffle is perfect for you who have lactose intolerance. People with this condition don’t need to worry about eating yoghurt waffle. Yoghurt only contains small amount of lactose (sugar milk). Their digestive system will be able to tolerate the amount of lactose in yoghurt.
Reasons to replace the milk with yoghurt in waffle
Yoghurt offers various health benefits. As a milk product, yoghurt has almost all the benefit and nutrition found in milk. Plus, it has something more to offer. Here are some nutrition facts about yoghurt you must know.
- It has more protein than milk
Most yoghurt sold in supermarket has higher protein than milk. It is because dry milk is added in the process of making yoghurt. The protein in yoghurt is usually in the form of casein and whey protein.
- Lower fat
Yoghurt has lower fat than milk. That’s because it is usually made of fat-free or low-fat milk. As a result, you can cut your fat intake and still get the benefit of dairy foods. The total amount of fat found in yoghurt is mostly in the form of saturated fat.
- Mineral and vitamins
Yoghurt contains various minerals and vitamins. Some of them are calcium, vitamin B, and phosphorus.
This dairy product contains probiotics which is very beneficial for our health. This living and friendly bacteria promotes healthy digestive system. Unfortunately, heat affects the life of these bacteria. Due to the pasteurization or cooking process of Yoghurt Waffle, the bacteria died and cannot give its health benefit.
Taking yoghurt regularly can give you various health benefits. Here are some of them.
- Yoghurt improves your bone health
This dairy product contains high amount of protein and calcium. This nutrition will help you have higher bone density. As a result, you can avoid osteoporosis in your old years.
- Lower blood pressure
If you or one of your family members suffers from high blood pressure, taking low-fat yoghurt will help them to maintain normal blood pressure. Taking yoghurt regularly will also lessen your risk of suffering from high blood pressure. With normal blood pressure, you don’t need to worry about heart attack or stroke.
- Healthy digestive system
Living probiotics in yoghurt will help your digestive system stay healthy. Taking yoghurt will reduce the severity of irritable bowel movement. It can also help you avoid constipation. Yoghurt is a good remedy for diarrhea. To get the maximum benefit of yoghurt, choose ones with living cultures.
Yoghurt Waffle recipes you must try
There are some yoghurt waffle recipes you can try. If you love the classic version, you can try this original yoghurt waffle recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose floor
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of fat-free, vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup of shortening
- ½ tsp of salt
- Preheat your waffle iron
- Use a large bowl to mix all the ingredients above until it is smooth.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle iron.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until it is no longer steaming.
If you love sweet yoghurt waffle with more dietary fiber, you can try this recipe. Starting your breakfast with this waffle will make you feel fuller longer.
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of rolled oats (choose the non quick-cooking ones)
- ½ cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup of low fat, plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup of packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Mix oat, whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix eggs, yoghurt, sugar, and melted butter in another bowl.
- Pour the mix of liquid ingredients to the mix of dry ingredients. Mix them well.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat your waffle iron accordingly.
- Brush your waffle iron with melted butter.
- Pour half a cup of batter onto it and cook for about 3 minutes or until your waffle crisp and golden brown.
If you want to eat low-fat waffle, you can try this tasty yoghurt recipe. It is made without shortening or butter. As a result, you can cut back your fat intake. The added cinnamon in this waffle will also help you fight diabetes.
- 1 ½ cup of low-fat, vanilla yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp baking powder.
- 1 tbsp oil for the waffle iron
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, yoghurt, salt, and vanilla well.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder in another bowl.
- Add the liquid mix into the dry mix. Mix them until it is smooth.
- Oil the waffle iron and then pour the batter. Repeat this step until your batter all gone.
- Cook your waffle until the waffle crisp and brown.
To make those waffles more delicious and healthier, you can eat them with fruits, honey, and yoghurt with active cultures.
You might also like
Waffle recipe without egg must an interesting waffle recipe for those who don’t have any eggs or cannot consume eggs for kinds of reason, such as allergy to eggs, a vegan,
Who says the Basic Waffle Recipe won’t give you a perfect and crispy waffle? In fact there is no secret ingredient or recipe to cook delicious waffle. But, you need more than
Waffle is a kind of bread made of dough or batter cooked with motifed plates giving a unique character, size, and impression. There are variations based on the type of